Having a great day out in Jersey is easy from Le Deshayes. The nearest ferry port is Granville, where daily services to the Channel Islands run from the Gare Maritime. Times are dependant on the tides, so forward planning is required to ensure you can have a full day in Jersey. The ferry service website gives details of the daily service times.
Jersey has one of the best sunshine records in the British Isles and its VAT free shopping is a real attraction. It offers many places to visit, including:
- The beautiful beaches and bays – access is easy using the excellent local buses.
- Jersey Pottery – visitors can view all the stages of the production of the world famous pottery and have a go in the Glaze Craze, the popular do-it-yourself painting studio.
- La Mare vineyards and distillery – a particular favourite of ours!
- Jersey Zoo, headquarters of the Gerald Durrell Wildlife Conservation Trust and housing a collection of exotic and endangered animals.
- Jersey’s Living Legend Village, featuring “Jersey The Experience”, a spectacular special effects show that recreates the story of the island.
- Numerous festivals and special events, including the famous Battle of Flowers in August.
- More information on the Jersey website.
Click here for more suggestions for great days out in Normandy