The Gite offers easy access to a wide variety of great places to visit. These range from Coutances, just 15 minutes drive away, Mont Saint Michel, around 1 hour away, to Monet’s Garden at Giverny – about 2½ - 3 hours drive,but well worth the effort!
Click on the items in the list below for information on the more popular places to visit in the area or visit the Normandy Tourism website.
In addition Normandy offers:
- 39 major gardens, members of the Club des Parcs et Jardins de Normandie, selected not only for their beauty but also for their hospitality - more details on their website
- Numerous museums and art exhibitions - Listings on the Normandy Tourist Board website
- The National Stud-Farm at St Lo a great day out
- Souterroscope des Ardoisères at Caumont-l’Evente, about 30 minutes from le Deshayes, is an underground show which takes place in a former slate mine that was forgotten for a century. 400m of galleries and 4 huge caves lead you to a high-tech show of lights, sounds and images, ending with its famous Arc en Terre – an astonishing underground rainbow.
- Wonderful castles, châteaux, abbeys and churches, including the amazing Château Guillaume-le-Conquérant at Falaise
- Zoos and leisure parks, including the wonderful Zoological Park at Champrépus, where the stroll in the Lemur enclosure is worth the entrance fee alone!
- Visits to local cider producers for dégustations – tasting the cider and calvados - check out the Visits and Tastings page on the Normandy Tourist Board website
“Our second visit to this wonderful property which is amazingly well equipped for a perfect retreat. Fantastic 6 days of beautiful weather! Must recommend La Calle at Blainville sur Mer. Such fun at this eccentric beachside restaurant buried in the sand dunes. Granville is a lovely fortified town to challenge St Malo. Upteenth visit to Auberge de Goury at Auderville. New owners but still worth the journey as the menu hasn't changed neither has the view!”
Krystyna, Gordon, Roger and AJ from the west country
Further information can be obtained at www.normandy-tourism.org or www.manchetourisme.com which covers the Manche Department of Normandy.